Colleges, by the Numbers
Find the answers to your questions about the state of higher education in The Chronicle’s annual collection of data.
- Explore the Data: Average Salaries of Full-Time Faculty Members
- Fastest-Growing Colleges
- Spending by University Research Libraries
Meet Team Spanier
As Graham Spanier fights to clear his name, an eclectic group of defenders has coalesced around the former Penn State chief.
In a culture of accountability, some professors call on technology to collect information about student participation in the classroom.
Vitae: Career News and Tools
You’ve got until the end of August to transform yourself from a grad student into a faculty peer. Where to start?
In the News
In an effort to better recognize the work of those off the tenure track, some colleges are recategorizing them.
A study’s findings about the paths transfer students took, and how many credits came with them, may help policy makers close gaps in the process.
- That's Not #Funny: Higher Ed's Least Clever Twitter Accounts
- How Close Is Too Close? Industry Courts Computer Scholars
- 'Wait, Your Footnotes Are in Cyberspace?'
- East Carolina U. Blocks Hiring of Philosophy Professor Accused of Sexual Harassment
- Obamacare Revives an Old Question: Are Student Workers Employees?
- A Shooting in a St. Louis Suburb Reverberates on Campuses Near and Far
- Why It’s So Hard to Tell What Low-Income Students Pay at Elite Colleges
- Digging Through Data for the Real Story on Student Loans